Friday, February 25, 2011

Week 7 & Day 1 in Beijing China

20th February 2011  Sunday 
Our first day in China.

4:25pm arrive Peking Airport (Beijing, China)
Check in at Hotel and pay hotel bill. (Beijing Zhejiang Hotel, Beisanhuan Middle Road Side Road, Chaoyang, Beijing, China, 100029 010-64453388
TCG - Pick up at your hotel
Acrobatic Show row 15 - 23 ticket x 19 (cultural event)
Return to your hotel
TCG - UNI Group (2 instructors & 8 students) –

We left Iowa on Sat. Feb 19 at 7:01 am and then spent 4 hours in Chicago for our next plane to take us to Beijing. It was a very long flight and there was little leg room even for me! We had a nice lunch, snack and dinner on the plane…Watched lots of movies and slept a bit. Then we finally arrived in Beijing on Sunday evening about 4:30 pm or as they say here 16:30.  It was a bit of a mess trying to sign into the hotel, not the least was the problem that our tour bus was waiting on us and I found I had lost my passport!   Good news the hotel would hold the rest of the rooms while the students from UNI meet the students from Georgia and they went to see the acrobatics show.  I took a taxis to the airport to see if they had found my passport!  Amazingly they had!  So I have my passport & water bottle back. Safe and sound. 

No comments: